Saturday 29 November 2014

What I want to avoid!London collage -

Here is a collage of London which I have decided to analyse in hope it will help me when creating my collage. Firstly I feel that it is rather stereotypical and this is exactly why I chose it as I want to create almost the complete opposite of that with my Paris collage. I feel this image rather shamelessly exploits the iconic symbols and landmarks of London far too explicitly which makes it feel slightly targeted towards tourists and marketing rather than being art with a concept. It seems like the creator struggled placing St.Paul's Cathedral and so has added an artificial shadow behind it. This in my opinion is the worst element of the editing in this image as Big Ben which lays above the Cathedral does not similarly cast a shadow. By placing objects randomly into one frame I think I will no doubt end up with an image similar in style to this and that is definitely not my intention. Perhaps looking at geographical shapes inside an image and then finding similar shapes in other images might be a good way to avoid a similar outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment