Sunday 2 November 2014

Post Modernism Final Image

The collage for Post modernism was my biggest worry of the four images as it really doesn't have any symbols or even any real definition. This is partially due to its nature and this makes it even harder to portray in a portrait and collage. I thought I would search for famous quotes about Post modernism and eventually found "Post modernity is the simultaneity of the destruction of earlier values and their reconstruction.". I thought this quote was perfect to include especially as I could actually make it Post modern by dissecting the sentence and rearranging it, however remaining the exact same meaning, regardless to it now being rather poor English as far as syntax and grammar are concerned. The countries and continents in the right corner of the collage are each one of the three primary colours, I thought this colour choice would allow me to express explicitly the idea of global fusion as the sections in which the countries and continents overlap are coloured with the secondary colours, purple, green and orange. I think I have portrayed Post modernism as well as I could however I do not doubt I might have missed something in which I could have objectified and used in my image.

No comments:

Post a Comment