Wednesday 19 November 2014

Post Modernism Model

I thought for a rather long while about how I could portray post modernism in a mug shot style portrait of a person and found it particularly challenging. I thought my best bet would to be to try explore the route of the collapse of social structures. When put next to the Marxism final piece this portrait will have a significant effect as the suit in which he is wearing has slowly become a dress code which can worn as casual attire and accepted. This to me displays the exact collapse of social structure that Post Modernism believes so strongly in. Being that this is not a very obvious link I have thought also that i will reverse the order in which this portrait will placed so that unlike all three other final images, it will be actually layered in front of the collage element of the image, which further displays the social structure collapse, even within the set of four final pieces structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment