Saturday 1 November 2014

Making The Frames

Next step in my exam was to create the frames on which I would place my images on. It took just over an hour so the frames were slightly rushed and had to be nailed together rather than glued however I feel they are still rather nice. Making the frames by hand meant that I had control over exactly how thick the frames would be and thus how far the portrait would be from the collage. Next I used double sided tape on the frames to stick the collage to the front of the frames(except for Post modernism) and the same for the portrait which were mounted on black sugar paper so that they were more presentable but also to provide more support for them so that they do not flop about, it also prevents the back of the image being quite literally the wall they are mounted upon.


No comments:

Post a Comment