Thursday 25 December 2014

Christo and Jeanne-Claude

I find the work of Christo and Jeanne-Claude inspiring me within this project as they create artificial combinations of objects by wrapping them in material with such intricate detail, creating something new and creative. I think this might help me to explore a particular rough idea I have of wanting to combine human models with objects to create almost a new an unheard of alliance. Whilst these artists are not actually concerned about photographs but rather about viewing the physical art, their work provides photographers to achieve a similar piece of work to theirs in that they can capture something never  yet seen.
Only vertical, possible stretch lines where they could have stretched the material, almost changes the directions to which you usually associate with a bridge. The use of one colour could possibly be to symbolise the fact that it is essentially only one object that has been wrapped despite its complex structure. Whilst being a physical creation, when viewing the an image of it the idea of surrealism very much springs to my mind,whilst also making the object rather abstract.
This image in particular interested me as I like the extension of the trees forms whilst they remain transparent. Possibly the artists are commenting environmental factors and the importance of nature and how its visibility is slowly declining, which is backed up by the fact the surrounding area other than these few trees is empty. As a photographer I especially am inspired by the use of light in this images to highlight this multi dimension piece of art in which Christo and Jeanne-Claude have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment