Wednesday 24 December 2014

Cinemagraphs by Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg

Cinemagraphy is something I found during research and is essentially a still image with simply one element that moves like a video. I am interested in trying out this technique as it seems challenging and also seems to have really strong outcomes. When researching them I found quite a few that looked rather childish and were anything but subtle. After a while I came across two artists named Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg who I feel usually create fascinating cinemagraphs, whilst keeping them subtle. I particularly like the attention to detail within this image as far as the mirrors are concerned. Without her reflections also moving the viewer would soon realise and then the whole image would seem poorly executed.
























One thing I like particularly about Jamie Beck and Kevin Burgs cinemagraphs is that they do not use the idea of a moving element in order to solely make an aesthetically pleasing image. Their images even viewed as still would be strong in many aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment