Friday 26 December 2014

Tea + Snow Edit/Final Image

This image I feel really captures the exact moment in which the cup has began to combine with the snow. As with my Praktica shoot I have struggled to achieve a perfect white colour within the snow and it is still slightly blue. I feel the top of this image is slightly distracting and that I could crop this image for a more powerful composition.As I said I could, I have cropped the image so that it is far less distracting and also so that I have used the rule of thirds far better in order to create a stronger composition. I have sharpened the image to emphasise the crispness of the snow which is later destroyed by the tea and its heat. I also find it interesting that the cup actually has the word 'friendly' on it which is humorous as it is being anything from friendly to that of the snow. Initially I made the whole image black and white however I felt this made the liquid in the cup seem cold and ruined the contrast of temperature in the image, so I have used a clipping mask on the black and white filter layer to restore the colour of the tea within the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment