Monday 8 December 2014

Facial Expression(s)

Here is a final image I have created in which three angles of my models face have been layered in order to reveal the details of his face which were previously distorted/covered by lack of lighting. I feel the overall effect of this image is exactly what I had in mind as it does imitate the style of McBean and how his portraits contain seemingly unnecessary editing which achieve the same appearance as far as basic detail is concerned however in a much more complicated and technical manner.Despite not being part of my initial intentions, there are lines in the background of this image and I feel that they actually give direction in the image, especially the parallel diagonal lines which direct the viewers eyes to the model, further enforcing the importance of focus on him. I am curious whether or not this portrait could be cropped in order to experiment different ways to emphasise the importance of focus on the model and his serious facial expression which do not reveal any hint of this being a misleading act of facial expression.




Here I have tried to crop the image ever so slightly so that there is a stronger stress on the importance on the models facial expression(s). Whilst being far more focused on the model than the surrounding background, I feel the lack of the some of the previous directional lines somewhat weakens the image and the attention to his facial expression(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment