Thursday 18 December 2014

Still Image Experimentation

 Seeing as I could not achieve this angle with film I have decided to edit and produce a final image from it instead. The thing I like mostly about this image is that the angle of the image gives it energy however it is rather ironic that actually this image doesn't move at all. I am very happy with my choice of asking my model to wear only white and blue clothing as it means I have forced the distortion of him and the water further as well creating a connection with him and the sky.
I felt the above version of this image was slightly distracted his surroundings so I decided to experiment cropping it to be a bit more compact and I feel this has oddly weakened the composition as before the water took up almost 50% of the image and now is a lot less of that percentage. Turning the image into a rather high contrast black and white image I thought I could create a slightly less happy 'summertime' feeling within the image and make it seem a bit more serious to match my models facial expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment