Tuesday 23 December 2014

Lighter + cling film cinemagraph

Within this shoot I wanted to create a fusion between a human and an object making them one whilst using similar a wrapping technique similar to that of Christo and Jeanne-Claude. The reason for the use of the cinemagraph medium is that I wanted to add a particular focus on the flame. I aimed to achieve this as I feel it is one of two objects which are essentially 'smoking' and it is object in which the user has the most control of. Wrapping the lighter in with my models hand helps to portray the addiction of smoking and how ultimately it can become a part of someone and become one single combination. One thing I would improve if i next make a cinemagraph is to take an individual still image to use as the frozen sections as creating a still from video leaves me working with a rather low resolution image which can not be enlarged as much as I would like to usually. Overall I feel this cinemagraphy has overall been pretty well executed and without the motion element I feel this image itself is rather well composed.

No comments:

Post a Comment