Sunday 28 December 2014

Praktica 2nd Edit

This is my favourite image from this shoot for multiple reasons. The inclusion of the dead plant stems allows the viewer to subconsciously assume the 'owner' of this camera has dropped it in the snow, which supports my original intentions for this shoot to create a connection triangle between the camera, snow and viewer. The fact that the stems also come in contact with and overlay the camera suggest that it is becoming a part of the snow and being consumed as the plants have also.
When looking for aspects of this image to improve is post production, I noticed that the snow itself is not exactly white, which is fortunate as I shot in RAW format so this was an easy error to correct. I also felt that using curves to create a strong contrast within the image would give the image a more sharp impact which supports my intentions for this image. I found black and white meant that the Praktica camera appeared more vintage and the snow whiter and overall was an aesthetic improvement as the image initially didn't have a lot of prominent colours rather than tones.



No comments:

Post a Comment